Saturday, March 31, 2012

Pasta Salad

I was at Trader Joe's... whoa --- big surprise, I know. hahaa ... they were sampling a pasta salad dish. I didn't get a recipe but I did gather the ingredients needed to throw this dish together.... and I made up a recipe. Super simple and oh so good.




Trader Joe's Ingredients:
2 cups dried Italian Tortellini (with mixed cheese filling)
1/3 cup of Balsamic Vinaigrette
1 - 14oz can Artichoke Hearts (in water)
a few big spoonfuls of Julianne Sliced Sun Dried Tomatoes (in oil)

Directions:
Boil tortellini according to directions... drain and place in large bowl.
Slice artichoke hearts in half... then each half into thirds.
Combine cooked tortellini, sliced artichokes, a few big spoonfuls of sun dried tomatoes and balsamic vinaigrette. 
Mix, cover bowl and place in the fridge for awhile to serve cold... tastes even better if it sits overnight. Enjoy!

No comments: